Why Having An ESA At College Benefits Me.

 October 25th 2022

11:13 am

The reason I decided to finally register my cat Snickers to be an ESA, which stands for Emotional Support Animal, was to help with my mental health. Being able to have her here at school with me makes me feel a lot happier and releases any stress i may be feeling. After going to class I can come back to my dorm and be able to give her all the hugs and cuddles. While I am doing homework she will often lay on my lap or beside me. It is nice to have her prescience there. Often times I get in a depressive state and struggle to get out of it. My boyfriend is in the military and is currently stationed in North Carolina. A lot of the time I miss him and feel lonely. Snickers makes me feel a lot better by just coming up to me and laying on me and every night she sleeps on my pillow by my head. My mental has improved a lot since last semester since having Snickers here with me

Comments

  1. That's really neat that you were able to register your cat, and keep it here with you on campus. Animals in general are fantastic in terms of mental health, as long as they are the right type of animal for your lifestyle. I hope that snickers continues to be there for you in your times of need. I am prior military and was stationed overseas for 6 years, far away from friends and family. My two dogs were absolutely the most important things in my life during that time, and continue to be so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also being a roommate to snickers I agree with all of this. Even though snickers isn't specifically my cat, she is still a wonderful cat and makes living on campus feel more like home since I can't bring my cats. Animals have always been a familiar comfort for me so being able to just pet a cat whenever I want definitely affects my mood. She's very content with living with us and loves the attention she receives from all the roommates. Not to mention she's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is great that Snickers helps you when you are struggling. I can relate to you, i also have a cat here at school. Her name is Lola and she really is my best friend haha. It is nice having your cat around because then you never feel lonely. They also make you feel loved when you are feeling down.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Living at College With A Cat

What A Typical Day Looks Like With Snickers